Strategic Supply Management
Author:Dr. George L. Harris
Credit: 2.0 CEUs
Testing Format: multiple choice
Your Price: $159.00
Become a best-in-class supply management organization!
Operating a world-class supply management department can improve your products and services, optimize the use of resources, and lower costs for your organization. Managing the entire supply chain to accomplish this is a complex challenge for today’s supply managers.
Strategic Supply Management lays out in practical detail everything you need to know to set the key strategic direction to achieve this goal and your own success as a procurement professional.
This self-study program represents the most up-to-date practices in the profession and presents the tools and knowledge necessary to manage supply chains and suppliers within any enterprise. It offers real experience with work assignments you can use to create a strategy, define resources, develop metrics, manage improvements in the supply chain, and utilize best-in-class processes.
This course offers step-by-step guidance on how you can build and measure your strategic supplier relationships and helps you understand the ramifications of global sourcing. Timely thinking on the role of e-business and an overview of the latest legal issues provide a current basis for the decision-making required of supply managers today..
Course Objective: Teach procurement professionals how to establish and operate a supply management department that achieves strategic objectives.
Selected Learning Objectives
• See things from the customer’s point of view
• Create and implement supply management strategy
• Measure and achieve effective total costs
• Hire, manage, and develop purchasing staff
• Integrate production and service plans
• Control inventory input and output
• Develop improvement plans with suppliers
• Use computer technology in supply management
• Establish and develop effective supply chains
• Understand the legal aspects of supply management
• Benchmark and become a best-in-class supply management organization