Fundamentals of Inventory Management and Control, Third Edition
Author: Max Muller
Credit: 2.0 CEUs
Testing Format: multiple choice
Your Price: $159.00
Effective inventory management is key to an efficient organization.
Effective inventory management plays a crucial role in the smooth and efficient running of any organization. Reducing excess inventory and investing in the right inventories leads to better customer service, better inventory turnover—and a healthier bottom line.
Fundamentals of Inventory Management and Control, Third Edition will equip you with the fundamental tools and techniques you need to analyze and control inventory—from cost-cutting techniques to day-to-day management and the latest developments in inventory handling, including the basics of JIT and lean manufacturing.
Course Objective: Purchase, plan, manage, and control inventories and materials.
Selected Learning Objectives
• Purchase, plan, manage, and control inventories and materials
• Evaluate inventory methods, make improvements to your current system, determine optimum inventory levels, design and implement a cycle-counting program, and analyze replenishment policies
• Reduce excess inventory and invest in the right inventories for better customer service, better investment turnover—and greater profits
• Calculate optimal order quantities for such special cases as quantity discounts and price increases
• Locate your minimum-total-cost point, control inventory loss, and determine ideal safety stock levels
• Answer the question: What is the real cost of being out-of-stock?