How To Manage Conflict in the Organization, Second Edition
Author: Gregg Lee CarterPh.D
Credit: 2.0 CEUs
Testing Format: multiple choice
Your Price: $139.00
Gain control of tough conflict situations and transform them into a productive force in your organization.
How to Manage Conflict in the Organization, Second Edition, equips you with the strategies, tactics and insights you need to gain control of tough conflict situations.
You´ll discover how to spot potential interpersonal conflicts—and defuse them before they flare up. You´ll understand how, when, where and why to apply the five favored conflict-resolution approaches, and you´ll develop the insight and intuition you need to make them work.
This course will give you the skills to transform conflict into a positive, productive force by applying the proven techniques of principled negotiation.
Course Objective: Learn to identify potential conflicts and apply five conflict resolution strategies to defuse them.
Selected Learning Objectives
• Transform conflict into a positive, productive force
• Respond to on-the-job conflicts quickly and effectively
• Resolve conflicts positively using proven principled negotiation techniques.
• Understand the differences between structural (organizational) and interpersonal conflict
• Separate people from issues and focus on interests, not positions
• Get beyond immediate tensions and disagreements to the root causes of any interpersonal conflict
• Apply five surefire conflict-resolution approaches: avoiding, accommodating, compromising, forcing, and collaborating
• Adopt best practices for implementing alternative dispute resolution techniques
• Develop strategies for dealing with conflict resolution in electronic communication
• Follow guidelines for when to consult with HR about a conflict-resolution situation