Taking Control With Time Management, Fifth Edition
Authors: M. J. Weeks, Janis Fischer Chan
Credit: 1.0 CEUs
Testing Format: multiple choice
Your Price: $139.00
How to balance the demands of work and personal life.
Apply the tools and techniques in this course to meet contemporary time challenges and balance the demands of work and personal life.
Now packed with exercises and application tools, this up-to-the-minute revision of the classic course gives you proven time management strategies to increase your productivity and your efficiency. You’ll discover how to use effective systems for setting and achieving your goals and reducing on-the-job stress.
Course Objective: Develop a system for managing time by using a self-audit, personal planner, and plan of action; develop skills to use delegation in traditional work settings as well as team-based environments.
Selected Learning Objectives
• Conduct a personal time audit
• Conquer time wasters, including pitfalls of e-mail, cell phones, and the Internet
• Delegate appropriately and effectively
• Set SMART goals and establish priorities
• Uncover the time you need for planning, supervising, and decision making
• Manage information overload and avoid “wired stress”
• Schedule and conduct well-run meetings that focus on effective actions and goals
• Maximize the returns on your telephone, travel, and meeting times
• Use team time more productively
• Set up and implement a Time Management Plan
• Make changes that will reduce stress and add balance to your life