University Certificate Programs with AMA Courses FAQs
1. What are the benefits of the University Certificate Programs with AMA Courses for your school and the business community?
For Your School
- No start-up costs
- Affordable courses with substantial discounts for schools
- No-charge Instructor/Review copies and selected Leader’s Guides
- Immediate credibility: The AMA name means quality and integrity in the business world
- Administrative flexibility: You choose the faculty, schedules and course offerings
- Prestige of co-sponsorship: A joint Certificate in Management is issued by your school in cooperation with AMA
- Protected market: You are the sole AMA affiliated program provider within your zip code territory
- Marketing tools: Exclusive use of AMA’s logo.
For Students and Corporate Clients
- Quality content: Certificate programs in all the essential areas of business and management written by industry experts
- Practical applications: Courses offer relevant exercises, job aids, techniques and information for use on the job immediately
- Networking opportunities: Students learn with and from other working professionals
- Affordability: AMA joint Certificate Programs offer the most cost-effective, recognized credentials available with no travel or expense costs
- Instructionally sound: Unique self-study format enables students to achieve maximum learning benefits both in and outside the classroom
2. How do I get started?
It couldn’t be easier. Just email [email protected]
3. Do the instructors need to be AMA certified?
No. You select, compensate and schedule the instructors from your staff, local practitioners or trainers. AMA does not require any special certification.
4. What if the instructor has never taught the course before or is new to this topic?
For our most popular courses, we provide guidance and support with a Leader’s Guide, specifically designed for each individual course. We also offer a generic Leader’s Guide that is helpful for all courses, regardless of the topic.
5. Can students receive college credit for these courses?
Individual schools make college credit decisions. AMA is accredited by IACET to offer Continuing Education Units upon completion of appropriate coursework and testing.
6. How many hours of instruction does each course require?
Courses must be scheduled to meet a minimum of ten (10) hours for a one-CEU course and twenty hours for a two-CEU course.
7. Are the self-study courses suitable for corporate training?
Many participating schools offer certificate programs to their local business partners and report successful outcomes. These local business partners include companies from the health care, financial services, manufacturing, telecommunications and pharmaceutical industries.
8. Must we sign a contract?
Yes. We both sign a simple agreement that sets out our mutual responsibilities. These are detailed in the “basis of affiliation.”
9. Can I return courses if a course is undersubscribed?
You may return up to 20% of your order within 60 days when materials are in saleable condition and unopened. Call 800-262-9699 to receive an Authorization-to-Return Number.